Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Benefit day

I've been thinking for a few days about the benefit that was held on Sunday for Rowan. I've wondered what to say and have wanted to make sure when I wrote I didn't leave out anything, didn't forget to acknowledge people, and that I addressed benefit-day with appreciation.

I sure hope I do that- and those who know me know I like to communicate with pictures.  Unfortunately, I was so busy on Sunday saying hello to family, friends, and thanking people for attending I didn't have my camera with me much.  I wish I'd taken more pictures- and some in color!

Anyway, here is the story about Rowan's benefit:
  1. People drove from all over the Upper Midwest to show support and love to us.
  2. More businesses and individuals donated items and hard-earned money than I can barely comprehend still today.
  3. Friends spent two months preparing, promoting, gathering, and allowing us to take care of our son and daughter.
  4. Even more friends gathered on Sunday to serve food, take tickets, set up, tear down, and head up the auction
  5. My wonderful Grandma and Grandpa Mayer came- in addition to family on the Matz side, the Hammer side, and the Mayer side (all driving great distances) to see us and to love us.
  6. DMF Lend-A-Hand showed support and promoted the event while matching funds.
  7. We got to see people from every little niche of our lives; AA, family, work, school, ex-colleagues, nurses, caregivers, strangers... All friends, though. And we sure have loads of friends.
  8. Cards have poured in since Rowan's diagnosis.
  9. Prayers have come our way from all over the country.
  10. Lily thought the party was for her and in the middle said, 'I'm so happy, Mommy- I'm so happy'
  11. I forgot to take a picture of Michelle
  12. I can't figure out how to write anything at the bottom of this post
  13. People are amazingly generous.
  14. Their generosity has inspired me to do the same.
  15. We are so very lucky. Our life is exactly how it's supposed to be.
  16. 'Thank you' will never feel enough to express our appreciation.
My Aunt (one of the people I want to be like when I grow up), Holly

My beautiful cousin, Becca, on her 17th birthday

Amundsons bidding on the guitar and amp they won for their boys

Grandma Joyce and Canyon

Grandma GG and my smart Uncle Karl

Dan and one of my favorite people, Rose



Our lovely friends took time from their weekends to work

More working friends- one I only just met

Olivia with lettuce-and a scarf

Lily had a blast- and was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment