I sure hope I do that- and those who know me know I like to communicate with pictures. Unfortunately, I was so busy on Sunday saying hello to family, friends, and thanking people for attending I didn't have my camera with me much. I wish I'd taken more pictures- and some in color!
Anyway, here is the story about Rowan's benefit:
- People drove from all over the Upper Midwest to show support and love to us.
- More businesses and individuals donated items and hard-earned money than I can barely comprehend still today.
- Friends spent two months preparing, promoting, gathering, and allowing us to take care of our son and daughter.
- Even more friends gathered on Sunday to serve food, take tickets, set up, tear down, and head up the auction
- My wonderful Grandma and Grandpa Mayer came- in addition to family on the Matz side, the Hammer side, and the Mayer side (all driving great distances) to see us and to love us.
- DMF Lend-A-Hand showed support and promoted the event while matching funds.
- We got to see people from every little niche of our lives; AA, family, work, school, ex-colleagues, nurses, caregivers, strangers... All friends, though. And we sure have loads of friends.
- Cards have poured in since Rowan's diagnosis.
- Prayers have come our way from all over the country.
- Lily thought the party was for her and in the middle said, 'I'm so happy, Mommy- I'm so happy'
- I forgot to take a picture of Michelle
- I can't figure out how to write anything at the bottom of this post
- People are amazingly generous.
- Their generosity has inspired me to do the same.
- We are so very lucky. Our life is exactly how it's supposed to be.
- 'Thank you' will never feel enough to express our appreciation.
|My Aunt (one of the people I want to be like when I grow up), Holly|
|My beautiful cousin, Becca, on her 17th birthday|
|Amundsons bidding on the guitar and amp they won for their boys|
|Grandma Joyce and Canyon|
|Grandma GG and my smart Uncle Karl|
|Dan and one of my favorite people, Rose|
|Our lovely friends took time from their weekends to work|
|More working friends- one I only just met|
|Olivia with lettuce-and a scarf|
|Lily had a blast- and was exhausted.|