Friday, December 30, 2011

Sweet Rowan's birthday


Happy 1st Birthday, Rowan!
My, what a year it's been


 Last night I was thinking about what Steve and I were doing a year ago this time... I was remembering that I had an ultrasound on the 29th of December and that you were breech.  We got a call from the Doctor that night around 6 PM and he said you'd be delivered via C-section the next morning at 5:30.
We were in shock! We weren't really expecting you to be there so soon- but we were so excited to meet you.
Lily went to stay with friends and Steve and I tried to prepare for your delivery and arrival home as much as possible.
That night, I went into labor with you around 3 AM- And my contractions were so fast. I remember I tried to make a pot of coffee (even though I was directed not to drink or eat), but I couldn't even manage that. I told Steve that we really needed to hurry.
We got to the hospital and I was in such pain. I barely remember them getting me ready for surgery. I felt like I'd deliver you before they were able to operate.
They took me into surgery and you were born by 4:30 AM.

And it's been a wild ride since then, too, Rowan.  What a great year it's been having you with us. You're such a sweet and kind little boy.... I can't even think of the right words to describe you- but 'gentle' comes to mind.

The bottom line is that we're blessed. We're lucky beyond description that you're with us, and I can't wait for the years to come with you in our lives.

We hope you have such a wonderful day today, dear. And we really, really hope the next year blesses you with comfort, and growth, and with a life beyond our imagination.

Love, Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment