Thursday, August 25, 2011

The lake

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was leaving with the kids to visit my parents in South Dakota last week while Steve fished with his dad in the Florida (Flordida, per Lily) Keys.  The first day we arrived, we all visited for a bit and then packed up and headed out to the lake.  I was excited for Lily to be able to run around a bit and get dirty- and for Rowan to have some Grandma/Grandpa time. 

Grandpa and Lily played with blocks on the deck.  Lily wanted him to build a house around her arm, obviously... They had a nice time.  He stacked em' up and she knocked em' down.   It was fun to watch.

Grandma and Lily snuggled in the mornings. I love this picture... Sleepy mom and sleepy Lily.  Two girls who make me who I am and who I love so so much.


Lily wasn't the only one who got snuggles.  Grandpa and Rowan sure had a lot of fun together.  Rowan learned to touch his feet for Grandpa and loved to talk to him and smile.  I think my dad was happy to have a captive audience-especially one who thinks he's great. 


One morning I took Lily to the top of the hill with my camera.  The sun had been up for an hour or two and the air was warm already.  I wanted to take some pictures of some plants and of the landscape. 

I'm sure you won't be surprised that I ended up taking loads of pictures of her.





Here is my favorite.....


hug

No comments:

Post a Comment