Tuesday, October 23, 2012

a new bed for Lily

Better late than never on this one, I guess?

A couple months ago, I made this bed for sweet little Lily. This wasn't exactly prompted by the kindness of my heart and a desire to sweat in the heat of August at my favorite wood studio... rather it was an idea that popped into my head after about 6 strait months of her getting up in the middle of the night and coming to wake me up.  And even then, I was inches from buying a loft bed online.  Steve saved the day, though, and told me to simmer down, not click buy, and go to sleep. Then next day I had the idea to make her a bed.

All told, the frame of this bed cost us $80.  I worked for about 24 total hours on it. 

Lily loves it and no longer wakes us up, so I'd consider this one a success!!





 I found the plans at AnaWhite.com and Jim helped me build it for my girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment